We are a Full-Service Veterinary Reproductive Facility
At North Oatlands Reproduction Center, we understand the importance of successful breeding, and offer comprehensive, state-of-the-art canine reproductive services for both males and females. We perform a full breeding soundness evaluation and recommend that your dog have the appropriate health tests for the breed prior to breeding.
Our canine reproductive services include:
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) Testing – includes hip, elbow, thyroid, heart & patella and is utilized by the majority of canine breeders to determine medical soundness for breeding through identification of joint dysplasia or other specific abnormality. Our X-ray suite exceeds the standard required for radiograph submission for Hip, Elbow, Patella, Thyroid & Heart evaluation. Click here for more information on the OFA mission.
- Penn Hip Evaluations- PennHIP (University of Pennsylvania Hip Improvement Program) is a not-for-profit program operated, by the University of Pennsylvania. PennHIP incorporates a new method for evaluating the integrity of the canine hip. It is accurate in puppies as young as 16 weeks of age and has great potential to lower the frequency of CHD when used as a selection criterion. Our X-ray suite exceeds the standard required for radiograph submission for PennHip Evaluation.
- Brucellosis Testing – determines exposure to sexually transmitted diseases specific to canines.
- Heritable Disease Management – this genetic testing ensures that the candidate is carrying sound genes free of inheritable disease.
- After Hours Pediatric & Obstetric Emergency Services – we make every effort to be available for our clients and their pets when reproductive procedures can’t wait.
Reproductive Services for Males
- Stud Dog Management & Counseling
- Semen Collection, Evaluation & Longevity Testing
- Listed by the AKC as a Semen Freezing Facility Since 2005
- On-site Sperm Bank & Long Term Semen Storage
- Semen Collection for Domestic & Worldwide Shipment
- Epididymal Semen Collection and Freezing
- Prostate &Testes Disease Evaluation and Treatment
- Infertility Diagnosis & Treatment
- DNA Typing for AKC Sampling and Submission
Reproductive Services for Females
- Pre-Breeding Consultation & Evaluation
- Trans-Cervical Insemination
- Surgical Semen Implantation
- Enhanced Vaginal Insemination
- Ovulation Timing – Progesterone & LH Testing
- Natural Whelping Assistance & Neonatal Care
- Heat Cycle Manipulation
- Pregnancy Diagnosis and Management
- High-Risk Pregnancy Management
- Uterine Monitoring
- Cesarean Section (Elective & Emergency)
- Pyometra, Metritis & Mastitis Management
- Infertility Problem Solving
- Mismating Treatment/Pregnancy Elimination
Have questions about our reproductive services or want to make an appointment? Call us at (703) 777-7781.