Itching, scratching, chewing and licking! Pets can develop a variety of skin conditions during their life, and we see many pets with skin problems and allergies, including food allergies. North Oatlands Animal Hospital can diagnose and treat most of your pet’s dermatology problems, including:
- Food and contact allergies
- Acute and chronic ear infections
- Acute moist dermatitis (hot spot)
- Allergic reactions to inhalants and fleas
- Parasites (fleas and mites)
- Autoimmune related skin diseases
- Infectious diseases (bacterial and fungal)
- Hormonal endocrine diseases
- Abnormal growths/masses on the skin
Please call us if your pet is experiencing hair loss, is licking or scratching excessively, or has bumps or growths on the skin. Ear infections can also be a sign of allergies, so if your pet is shaking its head, scratching its ears, rubbing the ear area on the floor or furniture, has odor in the ear, redness, swelling or hair loss around an ear, he or she probably has an ear infection.
Left untreated, these problems can lead to long-term skin issues, chronic pain and even deafness.
To schedule an appointment for your pet, call us at (703) 777-7781.