Comprehensive Health Care for Your Pet
At North Oatlands Animal Hospital & Reproduction Center, we focus on preventative care and wellness, and we are here when your pet needs us due to illness or injury as well. You can rest assured that your pet is receiving the highest quality care in a state-of-the-art hospital facility.
While many injuries are obvious, pets often instinctually hide symptoms of disease or a chronic condition, so it’s important you know the signs to watch for in your pet. It’s common to assume they are part of your pet’s aging process, but in fact, they may indicate an underlying condition that can be treated to your pet maintains a good quality of life, even into old age. Those signs include:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss/gain
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Increased thirst or urination
- Inappropriate elimination (losing housebreaking or outside of litterbox)
- Straining to urinate, especially in male cats
- Difficulty rising, walking, climbing stairs, or for cats, inability to jump up
- Frequent itching, licking, scratching
- Shaking head
- Bad breath
- Eye or nose discharge
- Wounds not healing
- Confusion, disorientation, anxiety or changes in sleep
- New lumps or bumps
- Any marked change in attitude or behavior
The veterinarians at North Oatlands Animal Hospital & Reproduction Center have advanced diagnostic equipment and can treat and manage urgent, acute and chronic health conditions. If your pet shows any of the above symptoms, we encourage you to bring him or her in for an exam so we can help. Catching illness, injury, and disease early when they’re treatable makes for much better outcomes for your pet.
If you have questions about any symptoms your pet is experiencing or want to make an appointment, give us a call at (703) 777-7781.